I was a Closed Beta Tester for World of Warplanes, but to be honest, did not enjoy the game enough to continue playing for very long. Then 2.0 was released and wow, did it make a difference. I now find the game very enjoyable and fun to play. As a result, I feel compelled to mod it.
First of all I want to recognize DrSinister and his mod pack. I strongly encourage you to download and try it. I have been using it for some time and a couple of the mods here are based on that.
For custom skins, I use various models to start with these include:
- The skins in WoWP that are not normally shown. Premium, Chrome, or others and replace the normal skins (hangar, base, winter, marine, and woodland)
- Add decals and text, including names and pinups
- Take skins from the older versions and rework them into HD for latest version
- Use the base skins and create my own colors, camo, and decals
- Some are historical skins based on artwork of the various planes