Latest update 1/21/2018 , see finding aids and update information below.
Latest update 1/12/2018 – 11:30 AM PST .. Updates and information are listed below…
1/12/2018 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM 7.3.3
1/11/2018 – Updated the following to 0.9.21.0.3
- KISS AIO, this only changed the directory version and may only be a change for NA server. If so for other servers, change the directory back to 0.9.21.0.2 after install. Also changed the way it is packaged. Removed No XVM and Options, now just the KISS Interface with XVM.
- KISS XVM, same as above
- KISS Options, added a download for those that used the options
This download contain the options for KISS AIO. If you want to change from the standard interface to available options, you will need this download.
Options includes are:
These all go into the mods<game version> folder
- Grandpa’s Version 2 (2 variations)
- KISS (5 variations)
- Round (Zayaz) – 3 versions
- Square – 2 versions
- All styles of Grandpa’s icons
- Tech Tree icon options (6 options)
- Crew Icons numerous options
12/20/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO to 0.9.21.0.2, XVM 7.3.2, PMOD 1.30.3
- KISS XVM to 0.9.21.0.2, XVM 7.3.2
12/18/2017 – Updated KISS AIO to PMOD 1.30.2
12/17/2017 – Updated following to XVM 7.3.1
- KISS AIO
- KISS XVM
- WoW XVM
12/16/2017 – Updated the following to XVM 7.3.0
- KISS AIO – added statistics for the vehicle in the hangar. If you do not want stats, then rename the res_mods/configs/xvm/grandpa/widgets.xc to _widgets.xc and renam the no_widgets.xc to widgets.xc. This will then show only the clock in the hangar and no stats.
- KISS XVM – added statistics for the vehicle in the hangar. If you do not want stats, then rename the res_mods/configs/xvm/grandpa/widgets.xc to _widgets.xc and renam the no_widgets.xc to widgets.xc. This will then show only the clock in the hangar and no stats.
- WoW XVM
12/15/2017 – Updated following for 0.9.21.0.1
- KISS AIO – mostly a directory name change, updated to XVM nightly 8516
- Custom Icons
12/13/2017 – Updated following, latest upload 13:00 PST
- KISS AIO with PMOD 1.30.1 and XVM 8113 Dev, Custom Icons. As of 12:00 PST, everything seems to be working, let me know if issues.
- Custom Icons, was causing some issues. Corrected the .swf file
12/12/2017 – Updated the following to 0.9.21.0
- KISS AIO – using development version of XVM until stable release
- Custom Icons
- Contour Icons
I am always looking for things that improve the game and test a few that look interesting.
I downloaded and installed the DEX Project Mods Pack Installer for a trial and am pleasantly impressed.
This allowed you to install XVM and configure the all or most of teh options to get the look you want. Also contains a huge amount of mods you can install and configure. High recommended.
Think its in french so use google translater
I am going to stop including the KISS AIO No XVM in the next update. Not many using it and it is sometimes a pain to update. This would be a good substitute if you are using the No XVM
First news is that my ISP attempted to make my site more secure and locked everyone out for a day or so, apologies.
Next item is about World of Warplanes 2.0. I have been playing this edition for a while now and find it very enjoyable. Much better than the initial release, which in my option sucked. You will start seeing some WoWP mods appearing here in the near future. Have also added a menu item to help find them.
As for World of Tanks. I am working on a couple of different projects right now.
- Reworking the carousel icons to improve the camo and make special tanks and premium tanks in a different color
- Reworking some of the standard custom skins with new camo. This will make them more compatible with the new WG custom paint features and not interfere with it.
- Reworking the stats in the hangar from XVM to make them more meaningful.
- Then I will resume doing some remodels as I get the opportunity.
Latest update 12/11/2017 .. Updates and information are listed below…
12/11/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO – corrected the error in Minion After Battle Report that did not show damage to individual tanks.
- Grandpa Misc Mod – same as above
12/04/2017 – Updated KISS AIO with PMOD 1.29.5
11/29/2017 – Updated all (or most) of the mods to 0.9.20.1.4. Easier to just rename the 0.9.20.1.3 directory in mods and res_mods to 0.9.20.1.4. There is an update to XVM to 7.2.4
11/27/2017 – Updated the following:
- Grandpa Misc Mod – corrected file conflict on loading
- KISS AIO – same as above
- Grandpa’s Audio Mods – added notification sounds
- Updated Grandpa’s Download directory on this server to be more current.
11/25/017 – Added the following to KISS AIO, also available as separate download.
This download contains multiple mods. They can be used separately or together.
TO INSTALL: Copy/move the <mod file>.wotmod from the archive (zip) to the mods/<game version> folder
Grandpa’s Minion After Battle Screens
(grandpa_minion_afterbattle.wotmod – with medal)
(grandpa_minion_afterbattle_option.wotmod – without medal)
(only one of the above can be used)
This mod shows after a battle to display statistics for that battle. The original idea came from Hawg, who makes a lot of mods on Curse. I changed some of the images to get what I wanted. Enjoy
Grandpa’s Colored Damage Stickers
Red for penetration, yellow for no penetration
Grandpa’s HD Decals
Replaces game decals with HD roundels
11/19/2017 – Updated KISS AIO
- Minor config changes to XVM
11/17/2017 – Updated Grandpa’s Audio Mod. Added WWII Swing tunes and patriotic marches as intro music during battle loading and prior to battle start. may intrude slightly into battle for 30 sec or so.
11/15/2017 (PM) – Updated the following to 0.9.20.1.3
- KISS AIO to XVM 7.2.3, update markers, also have a “bright” set in Alternative Settings
- Custom Icons
- KISS XVM to XVM 7.2.3, update markers, also have a “bright” set in Alternative Settings
- Grandpa’s Audio Mods – volume changes, continuous music in hangar, and battle sounds
11/14/2017 – Updated the following:
- Grandpa’s Audio Mod – corrected some volume issues
- KISS AIO – modified configuration of Over Tank Markers to make them more visible and conform to new XVM defaults
11/13/2017 – Grandpa’s Audio Mod. The latest update broke this and I have been working to figure out how to get it working in the new format. I finally figured most of it out, but while learning, I was able to knock together a new mod.
Grandpa’s Voice Mod
This is my original audio mod with various voices including:
- Duke Nukem,
- Team Fortress,
- Left 4 Dead,
- some female voices.
- Gun reloaded (up, batter up)
Grandpa’s Music Mod
This is a conversion of Noble Platoon’s Music Mod into the current format. This mod was one of my favorites and I have been wanting to convert it over for years, and finally figured out how.
It does the following:
- Replaces the in battle music with sounds of combat. Planes flying overhead, machine gun fir, explosions, etc
- Replaces the music n the hangar with music from the 1940’s
- Replaces the music for Victory (Churchill, FDR, or Patton speech)
- Replaces the music for Draw (Churchill or Patton speech)
- Replaces the music for Defeat (Hitler speech)
- Intro music (before a battle) is a selection of WWII swing music and patriotic marches. Selections are 1 minute to 1.5 minutes in length and may intrude on batle for the first 30 seconds or so.
Grandpa’s Notification Mod – replaces notification sounds for following:
- Ally Base Capture
- Enemy Base Capture
- Sixth Sense (from game menu you can select 2 variants or the user defined)
- Ally killed
- Countdown timers
- For the Music Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the music_mod_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For Voice Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the voice_mod_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For Notification Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the notification_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For all audio mods – Copy/move the audioww folder from the combo_voice_music folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
11/11/2017 – Updated KISS AIO to PMOD 1-29.4
11/10/2017 – Following Updated
- ALL Icons including Contour and Custom
- KISS AIO with updated icons
11/09/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS Damage Panels
- Back to the original KISS Zayaz (Round) in the XVM Config, also in the KISS Damage Panels as options there are 3 KISS Zayaz panels (KISS, Transparent, and with UGN)
11/05/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO – added new Damage Panel to XVM (round) and No XVM (square), added KISS Damage Panels (6) in options
- KISS Damage Panels, added 6 Options
- KISS Crosshairs, Crosshairs V2 and Harpoon updated to fix the artillery sight issue
11/3/2017 – Update the following:
- KISS AIO – restored original KISS Crosshairs
- KISS Crosshairs – restored original
- Damage/Hitlog – updated to 0.9.20.1.2
11/2/2017 – Update KISS AIO and KISS XVM to 0.9.2.0.1.2 and XVM 7.2.2
10/31/2017 – Updated KISS AIO to a full functioning interface. Following changes were made until I can got the old version working correctly.
- Damage Panel – Using Kokbg panel for now
- Style 1 Icons – can’t exactly duplicate due to not having all my image files, but they are close
- KISS Crosshairs – using Flash crosshairs for now.
- Crosshairs Version 2, KISS 4 versions, Harpoon, and multiple aim circles are included in KISS AIO as options. Also available as download.
10/28/2017 – Update KISS AIO to 0.9.20.1.1 and XVM to 7.2.0
10/23/017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO, this is mainly updating the No XVM option to 0.9.2.0.1. No changes to the XVM version.
- Clock in the hangar
- Damage and Hitlog (No XVM)
- Crosshairs Version 2
10/22/2017 – Updated Gray Crash Skins
Gray Crash Skins, for Improved and Standard Graphics. Includes 2 choices, crash skins for entire tank w/o tracks to be gray, or white tracks only
- Simple method: Copy/Move the <vehicle name>.wotmod file from the archive (zip) to the World of Tanks/mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is current game version
- Better method: Create a folder in the World of Tanks/mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is current game version, named vehicles. Then move the <vehicle name>.wotmod file from the archive (zip) into the that vehicles folder. This keeps things a little more organized.
- Caution: Only one choice per tank will work, moving more that one choice will cause WoT to error out on loading
10/20/2017 – Bugfix for Custom Icons, Sweden and Poland Rations added. Uploaded new KISS AIO and Custom Icons files
10/19/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO – All icons including Custom Icons. Added ability to delete the Kiss Logo and Revolving logo
- Contour Icons
- Custom Icons
- Tech Tree Icons
10/18/2017 – Updates to KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM 7.1.0, PMOD to 1.29. I have done minimal checking, but wil get any other necessary updates done later today
11/26/2017 – Corrected the following for skin coloring and red area issues
- AMX CDC – also added an addition option, Model Swap to AMX M4 Mle1949 Ter (new tier 10 French Heavy in 0.9.21)
- ARL 44/AMX M4 1945 combo download
10/23/2017 – Bugfixes and painting corrections to the M36 Jackson “Fury” Remodel
10/20/2017 – Made bugfixes and some painting corrections to the following remodels
- M18 Hellcat V4 Mod – fixed red turret and blended colors better
- M36 Jackson “Thunderbolt” – fixed turret and blended turret and gun paint better
- T26E4 Super Perishing War Thunder Remodel – added missing textures to correct red areas.
Latest update 10/11/2017 .. Updates and information are listed below…
10/11/2017 – Added Crew Role Icons to Grandpa’s Custom Icons. if your running KISS AIO and don’t want the full download again, just get Custom Icons and add the tankmen_roles.wotmod file to mods/0.9.20/kiss directory
10/7/2017 – Update KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM Version 7.0.3
10/4/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM
- Returned the default colors to WN8. If you want to use WTR, the look in Alternative Setting anc copy the files in the WTR_Stats folder into the grandpa folder
- KISS XVM turned back on the HP Remaining, Damage Done, and Main Gun at top of screen.
10/1/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM
- Colors – added WTR (World of Tanks Rating) colors, removed WN6
- Changed rating of the Rating Indicator (*) to WTR in Over Vehicle Markers, normal and extended
9/30/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM Version 7.0.2
9/17/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO – custom icons changes in installation and modification method (see below)
- Custom Icons (Ammo, Crew, Ewuipment), modified the installation and method to modify. Please review the page for instructions Grandpa’s Custom Icons
- When upgrading, make sure to delete res_mods/0.9.20/gui/maps/icons/vehicles and tankmen, they are included in the new wotmod format
- Also check the mods/0.9.20/ directory to insure you only have one safeshot.wotmod file. It should be safeshot_extended.wotmod
9/15/2017 – Updated the following to 0.9.20-micropatch
- KISS AIO, uopdated Icons (Custom and Contour), SafeShot Extended
- Custom Icons (Ammo, Crew, Equipment), added camo to Chinese TD
- Contour Icons, all styles, just in case any new test tanks
9/14/2017 – Finally got to an RV park with minimal wifi, took about 6 hours to upload KISSS AIO, so here are the changes…
- KISS AIO and KISS XVM updated to XVM 126.96.36.199. This should fix the issue with the 30×30 Grand Battles
- Uploaded new KISS AIO and KISS XVM to Yandex Disk, check to make sure it wasn’t 0k again..
9/12/2017 – I got the report of the KISS AIO download from Yandex Disk being corrupt. as soon as I get to decent wifi, I will upload it again. Tried 3 times today with no luck, wifi here is terrible. Also, XVM is not working with the 30X30 Grand Battles, as soon as the fix is in I will psot it if possible,
9/8/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM 6.9.1, added Stun to hitlog header.
9/4/2017 – Posted new video – How to Install KISS AIO
8/31/2017 – Updated KISS AIO and KISS XVM to XVM 6.9.0, added working Gun Constraints (UGN) and Safe Shot
8/30/2017 – My Bad!
- (Update 1) Changed the folder to correct game version (0.9.20.0).
- (Update 2) Updated custom_icons.wotmod file, forgot it changed and included the old one… this corrupted the hangar carousel and the crosshairs… now working
- (Update 3) Removed safeshot mod, it was interferring with fire button. Updated the crosshair_scripts.wotmod file for crosshairs.
8/29/2017 – Updated the following:
- KISS AIO has been updated to 0.9.20, using nightly build of XVM.
- Custom icons and contour icons
- Grandpa’s Damage and Hitlog
- Grandpa’s After Battle Statistics
The current version is for:
- Game Version: 0.9.21.0.3
- XVM Version: 7.3.3
Now ONE download. The download contains all files for a complete Battle Interface
- KISS All-In-One (AIO), now contains all mods for a complete interface with XVM 4103 Downloads
- KISS AIO Options, separate download of Options for the KISS Interface, just in case you wanted to make yours a little different 0 Downloads
Just Grandpa’s XVM
- KISS XVM, separate download of XVM KISS Configuration ONLY. This configuration is different than the one in AIO. It is to be used without AIO and uses XVM to do zoom, sniper zoom, and some additional features. 3356 Downloads
This is only the latest updates. For detailed information on KISS AIO and KISS XVM, along with installation and modification information, Please consult the KISS AIO page.
If you are using KISS AIO I would also suggest that you look at a few other mods that work with KISS and make it a complete interface.
4/15/2017 – Updated the HitLog Heading to match latest XVM updates, other minor updates to match XVM changes
2/24/2017 – Updated the following:
Added new Battle Loading Screens to Common
Added new statistics configurations
2/21/2017 – Updated and/or changed follwoing:
- Got the Zayaz Damage Panel working with repair timers so it is now the default for KISS AIO, square panel in Options
- Some minor configuration changes to XVM, if you want to use the WG Damage Log, there is an option in Options to turn it off
- Restored strategic crosshairs
12/27/2016 – Updated the following:
- After Battle Statistics – updated to new format, old format can be found in the Options folder.
- KISS Crosshairs restored to similar to old model. Two versions, Version 1 in KISS AIO, Vrsion 2 in KISS No XVM
12/24/2016 – Added/updated the following:
- KISS AVM
- KISS AIO – XVM update. I made some configuration changes to XVM, most visible is the DamageLog (screenshots below). I also included a screen shot of using it with the Zayaz damage panel. This is included as an option under Option/Zayaz_dp
12/22/2016 – Added the following:
0.9.16 Updates and Changes
Now two separate downloads. Each download contains all files for a complete Battle Interface
11/07/2016 – XVM Updated to v6.4.8
- Formatting changes to Damage Log and Last Hit
- Added carousel sort order (nations) in kiss-hangar.xc
11/02/2016 – Following updated:
- KISS XVM Changes when pressing ALT
- Minimap shows nickname
- Players Panel shows HP in ears
- Damage Log shows blocked shot
- KISS XVM changes
- Minor clock formatting
- Spotted markers in Player’s Panel
- Lst Hit Formatting, see below
KISS AIO uses Option 1 of the Damage Log as the default. So WG in game settings need to be:
You can switch to the other options using the files in Option/damage_log located inside the archive (zip) file
The other options are:
Option 2 – Partial WG – this is good when using a mix of XVM and WG settings
Option 3 – No WG – reverts to XVM Hitlog and Grandpa’s Damage Log
KISS XVM, now with standard and Really Simple configuration. See below for options after 0.9.16
- When using KISS AIO and KISS XVM you need to make some changes to the Damage Log. KISS AIO comes with Damage Log, Option 1 as the default. After installing KISS XVM, got to Options/damge_log in the KISS AIO archive (.zip) and copy/move the files from Option2/res_mods/configs/DamageLog to res_mods/configs/DamageLog of the game.
- Another option is to leave Option 1 default files in place and then go into res_mods/configs/xvm/grandpa/battleLabelsTemplates.xc and change “enabled”: true, to false under hitlog.