Grandpa’s KISS XVM Version
January 2, 2015 KISS Interface (XVM)
I believe in the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach, therefore I like to keep my Battle Interface relatively simple and uncluttered. To some, my approach seems even more cluttered, with hit logs for who hit me, and hit logs for who I hit, but in the area surrounding my tank, I keep the clutter down. So this is the Battle Interface I use. As of 9.2.2, I am moving to one XVM download with both Standard and Enhanced contained within. It is simple to move the files you want over to Standard to make it the Enhanced version and less work for me when keeping it updated.
The current version 9.6.4 is for:
- Game Version: 0.9.6
- XVM Version: 6.0.1
- This page contains information on the KISS XVM Versions. See KISS Battle Interface for information on the All-In-Ones
- Review this entire page for information on XVM options
- Download the XVM Configuration of your choice (see options below). Install it in the res_mods directory
- Go to the XVM MOD site and Activate Statistics. (Log in upper right corner, then Activate Statistics button will show)
Both XVM Configurations contain the following features
- Using latest XVM Client, fully customizable in the via XVM
- Custom Over Target Markers (OTM) via XVM, stock markers can be used
- Custom minimap via XVM configuration
- Battle Loading Background Screens included
- Custom vehicle contour icons, other icons can be used
- MyHitLog show the hits you make on the enemy
- Custom damage panel and hit log shows the hits you have taken and damage to components
- Capture Flag indicator
- Custom ammo, artifact, and crew icons
- Custom tank icons in the hangar
XVM ConfigurationsKISS XVM
Standard KISS XVM Configuration with Alternate Settings – (local download) – always the most current updates for 0.9.5 ONLYKISS Standard XVM
Grandpa’s KISS Standard Battle Interface XVM Configuration (download from Curse)KISS Enhanced XVM
Grandpa’s KISS Enhanced Battle Interface XVM Configuration (download from Curse)
In the new Standard I am using a mixture of the old OTM and the Enhanced OTM (Extended) Markers
Using XVM and P-MOD (AIO) here are the Garage Features
9.6.4 – Changes
- Updated KISS XVM and AIO w/XVM to XVM 6.0.1
- Changed carousel config to show XP needed to elite and average XP per vehicle
18.104.22.168 – Changes
In 22.214.171.124 version of XVM, I have made some configuration changes. The most significant of these is in the KISS Enhanced version and minor in the Standard version. Over time, I have incorporated some Enhanced modes into the Standard configuration, so as of 126.96.36.199, the only difference is the HP in the Players Panel and on the Alternate Minimap and the FPS, Clock, etc location. You can download the KISS XVM file and change it to Enhanced by moving the files from the Alternate Setting/Enhanced folder into the arasgrandpa folder.
Changes here are:
The FPS, Ping, Clock, and Battle Timer are back in standard location, with enhanced font
Hitlog now has an indicator for the WN8 rating of the player you hit.
Alternate Minimap (Press ALT) has changed to simplify information available. I removed the WN8 indicator (Star) and got same amount of information in reduced space on the minimap.
Changes and differences between KISS Standard
Installation changes.. you MUST install the two fonts in the download file located under the res_mods folder. They are Dynamic and XVMSymbol and are REQUIRED for the correct view on the minimap. To install, right click the file and select Install from the drop down menu.
FPS, Ping, Clock, and Battle Timer are centered on top of screen (same as prior to 9.6)
Standard Minimap is same as KISS Standard Alternate (see above)
Alternate Minimap (Press ALT) now shows HP remaining for each vehicle
HP in Players Panel
Hitlog change same as Standard (see above)
9.6.2 – update to XVM 188.8.131.52
9.6.1 – update to XVM 184.108.40.206 deleted excess files from 0.9.5
9.6 – update for 0.9.6, XVM 6.0.0. If updating from XVM 5.5, delete the res_mod/xvm directory, it is no longer needed
- New default FPS, Ping, Clock, and Battle Timer panel, with modified font
- WN8 in Hitlog
- Default clock in hangar, custom font
For now, I will provide two downloads Standard and Enhanced, but at some point in the future, only Standard will be available. In the Alternative Settings directory, you will find the changes to make Standard into Enhanced, or to do your own mix and match and create an interface you enjoy using. To make the change, copy the file/s from Alternative Setting to the arasgrandpa folder in configs. I use a mix and match with all Standard except I use the Enhanced OTM for alive. That file is markersAliveNormal.xc in the configs/Alternative Settings/Enhanced directory.
- After download, copy the res_mods directory in the archive to your World of Tanks game folder. Or to do it manually, copy the following from the res_mods archive folder to the appropriate folder in res_mods in your game directory
- x.x.x where x.x.x is the game version (0.9.2)
- xvm, must be under the res_mods folder to work, do not copy into the x.x.x folder
- Install the XVM Symbol.ttf font, to do this highlight with your cursor and press the right mouse button. The pop-up menu will have a selection to Install, click that and install the font. This font is used by the minimap mod to display vehicle types
- Go to XVMMOD.COM and activate statistics
Making Configuration Changes
The configuration files are found in res_mods/xvm/configs/arasgrandpa directory. The Alternative Settings are fould i teh res_mods/xvm/congis/Alternative Settings folder. Alternative Settings can by invoked by copying the files from the desired folder into the arasgrandpa folder. Alternative Settings include:
- Color Blind, files required to change the colors to aid those with color blindness. Move all files into arasgrandpa folder
- Stock OTM, this sets the OTM to in game stock. the file battle.xc also contains other items you can change in the configuration, for example: Icon Mirroring On/Off, clock format, show postmortem, players panel switch On/Off, and a few others.
- Enhanced, this turns the Standard config into the Enhanced config. There are three files, colors.xc, markersAliveNormal.xc, and minimapLabels.xc. Move all three to get the full Enhanced configuration. Or just to get the Enhanced OTM (Win8 rating color for tank name) move only markersAliveNormal.xc
- Hit Log on Bottom, moves hitlog to bottom of screen
- Hit Log on Top, moves hitlog to top of screen (default)
- HP Panel, turns on HP info in the Players Panel
- No HP Panel, turns off HP info in Players Panel
- No Hit Log, turn hitlog off
- No Tier Marker in OTM, remove tier marker from normal OTM
- Player Names in OTM, displays the player name in normal OTM
- Standard, returns config to Standard settings
- Contour Icon in OTM, displays the vehicle icon in OTM
The following screenshots show the general configuration for KISS Standard and Enhanced Versions.. screen shot may not reflect the current look and feel of the Battle Interface as changes are made from time to time. See screenshots above for current look and feel of Battle Interface.
KISS XVM Test
- Following is a description of the elements in the Battle Interface.
- The differences between the Standard and Enhanced are minor.
- Different vehicle icons styles (Standard uses KISS Style 1, Enhanced uses KISS Style 2),
- Mini-map Standard no tier icon, Enhanced with tier icon.
- The screen shots shown here may not be up to date, but represent a general look and feel for the interface.
- Nightly Build: 3878 – 2/25/2015
- KISS XVM 9.6.4
NOTE: This is NOT based on a STABLE XVM Build, but I will have tested it and found no issues prior to posting to the upload. It is used to see if KISS needs updating or test new features in the KISS configuration.
This download serves multiple purposes, depending on the status of the game client.
- During Common Test, it will be the latest tested version of XVM, working with the CT client and the best nightly build of XVM
- After Common Test, it will be the last TESTED version of XVM Nightly Build and KISS XVM with appropriate changes.
I make, modify, compile, these mods for my own personal in game use. They change the game interface to look like I want it to look. I place them here for others to download and use if they so desire. They are NOT “one size fits all” and will not please everyone. If you like them use them, if not, delete them. You are free to customize or modify any of them, its your interface make it like you want. But DO NOT ask me to customize them specifically for you, or ask for details on how to customize them. If you are familiar with mods and xml, you can probably figure it out. I will attempt to correct bug fixes in the mods, as soon as practical.