Grandpa’s Voice Mod
This is my original audio mod with various voices including:
- Duke Nukem,
- Team Fortress,
- Left 4 Dead,
- some female voices.
- Gun reloaded (up, batter up)
Grandpa’s Music Mod
Examples of Sounds in the Music Mod
This is a conversion of Noble Platoon’s Music Mod into the current format. This mod was one of my favorites and I have been wanting to convert it over for years, and finally figured out how.
It does the following:
- Replaces the in battle music with sounds of combat. Planes flying overhead, machine gun fir, explosions, etc
- Replaces the music n the hangar with music from the 1940’s
- Replaces the music for Victory (Churchill, FDR, or Patton speech)
- Replaces the music for Draw (Churchill or Patton speech)
- Replaces the music for Defeat (Hitler speech)
- Intro music (before a battle) is a selection of WWII swing music and patriotic marches. Selections are 1 minute to 1.5 minutes in length and may intrude on batle for the first 30 seconds or so.
Grandpa’s Notification Mod – replaces notification sounds for following:
- Ally Base Capture
- Enemy Base Capture
- Sixth Sense (from game menu you can select 2 variants or the user defined)
- Ally killed
- Countdown timers
- For the Music Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the music_mod_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For Voice Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the voice_mod_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For Notification Mod ONLY – Copy/move the audioww folder from the notification_only folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
- For all audio mods – Copy/move the audioww folder from the combo_voice_music folder in the archive (zip) to the res_mods/x.x.x folder, where x.x.x is the current game version
This version of the mod stopped working in 0.9.14, but keeping information here since I am working on getting this converted to Wwise to work with the new sound engine.
I have tried many voice mods in the past, but most of them were prior to 8.0 and did not contain voices for all the new events. This mod uses some of the voices from many of my favorite games and includes sounds for all events. WG has several events not yet activated in game, I have included sounds for those also, so when activated, the mod will be ready.
Grandpa’s Audio in Action
Grandpa’s Audio Hits and Misses
- Russian (Heavy) from TF2
- Duke Nukem
- Gears of War
- Company of Heroes, Tiger Ace
- Female voices from Eve and other sources
I have removed much of the strong vulgarity, but there is some “minor” vulgarity left in. You may hear “dammit”, “bitch”, “ass”, etc, but all the “F” words have been removed.
Thought I would help identify sounds you will here so you can connect them to events. The most important (at least in my opinion) is what happens when you shoot a tank. There are various options that can occur and activate a sound event..
- Hit but NO penetration: for this you will hear a short disgruntled sound… No, Ugh, Dammit, or similar sound. You will know its not a good hit.
- Hit that bounces: You will hear a longer phrase: Bouncing like basketballs, that one bounced, no way Jose, no sirree Bob, shoot the tank; but more expalanatory so you know its a bounce
- Hit that Penetrates: short phrase.. good shot, sweet, nice shot, boom, etc
- Hit that does critical damage: longer phrase and a sarcastic remark… want some more of this, i promise you pain and more pain, too easy, etc..
There are almost 500 sound events in the mod..
- Copy the entire archive (zip) contents to the World of Tanks game directory